Home Care Services
Oxley Wellness for Independence
Our services are like no other. We have a broad range of services to choose from, to look after you safely at home, so you can live life with zest, optimism passion and energy.
Cup of tea / coffee with our team.
Out of home services.
Showering & hair washing.
Toileting & continence aids.
Dressing and undressing.
Changing bed linen.
Cleaning & vacuuming.
HOME AND GARDEN
Changing washers and light bulbs.
General gardening and maintenance.
Lawn mowing and pruning.
Sweeping and clearing leaves.
Clinical & medical services.
Continence & catheter support.
Short stay recovery.
Regular weekly support.
Extra help and support
LIFESTYLE AND WELLNESS
Devices and Aids
Short-Term Restorative Care (STRC)
Short-term restorative care is designed to help you reverse or slow the difficulties you are having with everyday tasks. With a view to improve wellbeing through the coordinated delivery of tailored services, the 8 week program is goal-oriented, involves a multi-disciplinary team, is personalised for and approved by the client. If you wish to return to earlier levels of independence, short -term restorative care could be an option for you. It can delay the need for long-term care and support services.
How does it work?
Technology support for home and on the go
Oxley Home Care is a short-term restorative care provider who will work with you to identify your goals. We will then put together a team to help you work toward those goals, including a doctor to treat any medical conditions. Your family and friends are encouraged to be involved in your care.
The program works best when you have the support of family, friends and health professionals.
Interested in learning more?
What is Excluded?
- General home services that were never, or are generally not completed independently prior to age-related functional decline, including home repairs/maintenance/specialist cleaning performed by a tradesperson or other licensed professional.
- Food (except as part of enteral feeding requirements or items listed under food for special medical purposes as per the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – Standard 2.9.5).
- Home insurance
- Water, sewage, gas and electricity costs
- Private transport related costs including vehicle registration, vehicle repairs, vehicle insurance and petrol
- Local transit costs of public bus, ferry or train fares
- Funeral plans / insurance costs
- Pet care and associated costs such as pet food; registration; taxidermy, cremation
- Internet and telephone costs, exceptions include:
- Care recipients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness (as identified in a care recipient’s ACAT assessment) can use Home Care Package funds for the ongoing monthly charges to ensure connection with service providers
- Care recipients who require the internet or landline to support delivery of medication management, remote monitoring service or delivery of an included service on the phone can use Home Care Package funds to set-up telecommunications connections (e.g., to get internet connected)
- Beauty therapy (e.g., manicures) and hairdressing
- Cost of entertainment activities, such as club memberships and tickets to sporting events
- Travel and accommodation for holidays
- Supplies to participate in any activity, e.g. gardening or craft
- Using Home Care Package funds to pay for solicitors or accountants for maintaining care recipients’ personal affairs
- Funeral costs and funeral plans
- Gym or pool memberships/access costs when not prescribed for aged-related functional decline and monitored by health professional operating within their scope of practice.