Congratulations. We can help you on this journey. We are Home Care Package specialists. We make it simple for you to get the support you need and to maximise the benefit you receive from your Home Care Package.
If you have received a letter of approval from My Aged Care, you have been approved to receive a Home Care Package.
1. What does this mean?
It means that you have been placed in a national priority queue for Home Care Packages.
2. You will be contacted when a suitable package becomes available for you.
There may be a waiting period between the time you are approved for care and the time that you are assigned a Home Care Package. This waiting period is based on your needs and circumstances as well as the time you have already spent waiting for care.
During this time, if you need help, we can assist with Private Care Services, which is based on a fee for service. We can discuss options, fees and arrange a no-obligation free visit to discuss this with you. For more information, call us on 1800 221 039.
3. What should I do next?
While you’re waiting for a Home Care Package to be assigned to you, it’s recommended that you research Home Care Providers in your local area.
Oxley Home Care is an Approved Aged Care Provider and has been helping Australians live independently at home for over 10 years in Sydney. We offer individually tailored, flexible care in your home. Services can be combined in any way that suits you.
4. Find out:
- How the Home Care Provider can best meet your needs.
- The fees payable – administration, case management and exit fees
- Personal contributions you’ll be expected to pay towards the cost of your care
5. There are two types of fees that you can expect to pay:
- A basic daily fee, the maximum being 17.5 per cent of the single person rate of the basic Age Pension.
- Depending on your income, you may be asked to contribute more to the cost of your care. This is known as the ‘income-tested care fee’ and is in addition to the basic daily fee.
Oxley Home Care does not charge exit fees
At Oxley Home Care, we do not charge start-up fees, exit fees or re-assessment fees. Funds are not “packaged” for spending per month and all surplus money not spent each month is rolled over and accumulated to spend as you wish.
Don’t worry – Oxley Home Care can help you.
Simply call us on 1800 221 039 and we will walk you through the process, under your direction.