To support people with high care needs. Most clients will have support in personal care from five to seven times per week, and up to twice daily.
Other funds may be spent on;
- Social support
- Nursing support as required
- Allied health including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Podiatry
- Minor home modifications like ramps and rails.
Case Study of a Level 4 Client
John is 92 years old and lives at home with his wife of 70 years Phyllis.
- John has been assessed by ACAT for a Home Care Package Level 4 and receives daily support for assistance with showering and dressing due to poor mobility and high falls risk.
- John is still active with his local RSL Club and catching up with his mates is very important to him, so transport to the club 3 times per week to catch up for lunch and respite from Phyllis who suffers from Dementia is one of John’s main goals.
- Phyllis has also been assessed and receives a Home Care Package Level 4 with Dementia Supplements.
- Because both packages are with Oxley Home Care services can be pooled to give John and Phyllis services up to 3 times per day to support the remaining living independently at home