Anzac Day, April 25, is one of Australia’s most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
For those who have served our country in the military, or are a widow or widower of a veteran, there are a range of home care services and entitlements which may be claimed.
The Federal Government’s Veterans’ Home Care Program (VHC) includes a range of services to help support eligible veterans, war widows and widowers to remain living independently in their own homes for longer.
Oxley Home Care provides a range of DVA Home Care services including:
- Domestic Assistance: assistance with domestic tasks such as household cleaning, dishwashing, clothes, washing and ironing
- In-home Respite Care: Respite support for the primary carer so they can take a break from their caring role
- Home and Garden Maintenance: assistance in keeping the home safe and habitable by minimising environmental health and safety hazards that may impact on you in and around your home. This could involve cleaning of gutters and windows, or clearing paths and pathways
- Personal Care: low level support with personal care and dressing
- DVA Community Nursing: in home nursing support to anyone requiring care in the comfort of their own home.
To receive these services, Gold or White Repatriation Health Card holders need to receive an assessment. To arrange an assessment for services, telephone the Veterans Health Care (VHC) assessment agency on 1300 550 450.
The hours per week and frequency of visitations will be determined by the VHC assessment agency.
Veterans may also be eligible for Home Care Packages and home help services through other programs or packages if they are not eligible for the VHC program.
For the last decade, Oxley Home Care has provided Dementia Care, Private Care, Home Care, Nursing, Veterans Home Care and Allied Health to enable people to live a quality life independently in their own home and stay connected to their local community.
Oxley Home Care’s mission is to empower people – regardless if they are frail or aged – by providing quality services specifically tailored to meet their individual needs. Our care philosophy focuses on Consumer Directed Care (CDC), a philosophy designed to empower you to make informed decisions about the type of care and support services you believe best meet your needs.
For further information, please feel free to call Oxley Home Care on (02) 9986 2266.